• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Converting to an FE system

James D

Apologies for this thread, I know it's been covered, but I can't find a straight forward answer anywhere.

Can I get an adapter for this reg so I can change from disposable bottles to a fire extinguisher?

bhh6.jpg

Many thanks

James

Thanks Hoggie.

I'm not sure what brand it is, I bought it off here. I assume it's a standard 1/8 bspt fitting though.

Sorry Hoggie, I'm confused now.... can these disposable bottles have different size fittings? (for example DD ones as opposed to disposable welding bottles).

That reg etc in the picture at the top is a photo of mine with the bottle that it was being used with before I bought it, I hope I haven't been using the wrong bottles.

Thanks.

I don't know if I need an M10 or M11 adapter now. Looking at that picture at the top (the instructions) it looks like a DD reg.

That's what I thought too mate. Does anyone know if I would need and M10 or M11 adapter from Hoggies links?

Looking at this thread D-D Co2 set, coverting to FE? | Page 3 | UK Aquatic Plant Society it looks like an M10. I'd like to be sure before I order it though, I find that thread quite confusing.

Edit: It's been confirmed as a DD reg so hopefully it's safe to order the converter in the thread above.

Cheers

Hi mate here's a pic of the intructions for yourself.
pugequvy.jpg
hope this helps

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free

I just noticed you can see instruction on the pic you put up anyway you could just about see the dd. Oh well at least we've all confirmed for definite.:)

This is one seriously helpfull place, I lav it.:)

Dennrele the (German Company) have different threads for accommodating a REFILLABLE CYLINDER.
Description
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif

Adapter refillable bottle
For (new) Aquili pressure regulators use a refillable flasce.
(Reducer Dennerle OK)
(Threaded connection M 11x1, 5)

adattatore_DQ2tnKHzGj2a_medium.jpg

Attachments

• adattatore_DQ2tnKHzGj2a_medium.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 49
  • adattatore_DQ2tnKHzGj2a_medium.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 46
Thanks for the help Hoggie.

I just need to decide if I want to spend 25 quid on a couple of nuts and a washer, sell my reg and get a new one that'll fit an FE or just stick with the disposable bottles.

Cheers! :)

Back