• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

COMMERCIAL FISH FOOD - USA brands

Howdy.

For all the Americans in the forum. My sister is in California studying, and she'll come down toArgentina in a few weeks. I need some fish food, the costs here in LATAM are obscene, but she has no idea and the dude at PETCO likely won't either. I need a relatively cheap brand and type of food, that will be consumed by Nannostomus w/ their tiny mouths. Summer is over and with it, mosquito larvae, and since with the Apistogramma fry I now have a ton of fish, foraging for them is just not an option. Also, I just can't cut earthworms small enough for the fry and nannostomus.

So basically, I need to tell her "get one of these five options".

Any ideas? Perhaps even just a granule size, that'd go a long way.

Have you tried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs? It does not need to be hatched and you can get large quantities of it for relatively cheap on ebay or amazon.

I feed my CPDs the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and frozen bloodworms. The tiny CPD fry get fish food ground into powder.

Last edited:
Have you tried decapsulated brine shrimp eggs? It does not need to be hatched and you can get large quantities of it for relatively cheap on ebay or amazon.

I feed my CPDs the decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and frozen bloodworms. The tiny CPD fry get fish food ground into powder.
Haven't. Not something sold here either, so I'll give it a look

Back