• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2art broken regulator... Again

NinjaMonkey

Hey all, (warning moaning time)
Last night I had my solenoid on my regulator stop working, I noticed my co2 was still flowing 2 hrs after it usually stops. After having a good look, the solenoid was all burnt out and had water stains and electrical burn marks on the metal pin it closes and opens. Not sure if water has leaked through the bubble counter into the solenoid or the pin is just stuck.. either way it blew and has a bad electrical burning smell to it now.
This is the second time that my reg has stopped working and I've had it just short of 3 years, last time it developed a major leak from nowhere and I already had it repaired once and spares several times sent to me a different time. I'm really unhappy now temperamental this reg is, it took over a month last time to fix so I'm throwing in the towel and going for a strideways pro.
I know you can replace the solenoid and the metal pin (already have one spare) but this is the final issue, my screw threads were mashed from me getting into it prior so it's unaccessible.
I'm gutted but this unit has caused me real stress since I have it, how does everyone find the strideways pro regs.. I'm really hoping there better quality and have decent QCs.

Attachments

• PXL_20240128_223821615.jpg
    PXL_20240128_223821615.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20240128_223813050.jpg
    PXL_20240128_223813050.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi NinjaMonkey (cool name btw),

This is my post from a similar thread

"My first co2art regulator had huge problems keeping co2 stable (literally it could not keep BPS stable from day to day). I have to say though, co2art did give good customer service and they eventually sent me a replacement regulator. But in my 60P (60 litre) tank, I found that after doing the weekly water change (and topping up the bubble counter), the needle value would lose it's setting. It would then take half the week of fiddling again with the needle value to get the BPS correct, as a tiny bit of movement makes a large shift in BPS. In a small 60litre tank, you dont need much change in BPS to suddenly be overdosing or underdosing Co2. After a year with my replacement Co2art regulator, one of the Gauges died on one side, so I decided to replace with a different make.

So far, I have not had these problems with the Strideways Regulator. After topping up the bubble counter, it still keeps its BPS setting. Also it is soo much much easier to dial in the BPS. The regulator feels really solid also. Overall much improvement :)

Overall I would highly recommend the Strideways regulator, but I still need to see how it lasts long term."

That's great thanks, gives me a little confidence going forward.
I got my strideways today and it is definitely built better, needle valve is 100 x improved and overall very happy so far.. let's see how it lasts.
Just a quick question, how often have you replaced the see through plastic waster that goes in-between the reg and the co2 bottle? I had one come spare with the reg but seen them on a website. I used to replace my co2art ones every couple of bottles
Thanks again for your post, it's appreciated 👍

I haven’t replaced the washer yet, and I ran the same co2 Art washer for I think couple of years. I would replace as and when it looks warn. I now use 3KG bottles, so only have to change the bottle every 5-6 months, so the washer doesn’t really wear out.

Thanks mate, yeah I changed from 5kg Fe to a 2kg when I was having issues with my co2art regulator leaking.. deffo time to get back to them again.
Thanks again

Back