• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 system next purchase, need some advise.

Markmark

Lights arrived today and there pretty good. Boyu 3 x 8watt T5 with 2 white and 1 atinic. Will change blue for a better bulb.
Now heres the dilema, in a tank of only 8.8 gal I really cant justify the prices of some pressurised systems on such a small tank. Ive been looking at the Fluval mini 20 and the Fuval 88 on ebay and the price of these systems seems within budget. (£21 and £69 ).
As both come with disposable cylinders would these be cost effective as I have no idea how long these cylinders will last.
Any advise greatly recieved

Thanks

3-4 months+ for 600g disposable cylinder. Check DIY section, you can find all stuff on ebay for prices but approx Reg 15+ Cylinder 12 + needlevalve 10 + some bits for diffuser, tubing etc and add as extra option solenoid for 25 from Germany.

i've tried the tiny Fluval and it's not worth it - you have to use the supplied diffuser which is huge and wrecks any nano set up. For 60 quid you're not far off getting an FE system which will probably work out cheaper in the long run. Hope this helps, Matt

I use a 600g Disposable Setup from the DIY section of the forum. £13 for a Canister on a solenoid lasts about 2 months (8 hours a day) on my 210 using an inline UpAtomiser.

Really worth it in the long run to get the parts yourself, might take a little bit of time to find the parts but you'll save lots of money in the end and have a system that works.

Thanks alot guys for the help. Going to go down the diy route I think. Any benifits for using an upatomiser over a diffuser apart from less hardware in your tank?

UpAtomisers are alot more effective at diffusing the co2 around the tank, alot of people swear by them! If you can fit one on your external you'd be mad not too!

I've used both and will be sticking with the atomisers ;)

2nd that last comment,

I've even running a HOB filter and have hidden the UPatomiser amongst the plants in my nano just for the mist of co2 it pours out,

Back