• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

Just been to a place in North Manchester and got my 3kg cylinder refilled for £3! Bargin!

Place is called Brentex Gas Ltd, 1-5 Morton Road, Middleton, M24 6AN.

They said they could do me another 3kg cylinder for £20, but they only take cash and didnt have it on me... Return trip I think!!!

Any ideas where to get a refill in Swindon. Contacted the local fire extinguisher companies to get a quote. First one was £29 to refill an 2kg cylinder and the 2nd was £10 to swap it out for another 2kg cylinder. Looks like I'm being ripped off :(

Yeah, was gonna say that £10 is no too bad. I think I was lucky to find the place that did a refill for £3.

Found this place on a Mig Welding site might be worth giving them a call?

Complete Welding (Welding Gas, Welding Supplies, Safety Wear)
Unit 4 Central Trading Estate
Signal Way
Swindon
SN3 1PD
01793 525444

Also the advise that I've just seen on another welding forum said to search your Yellow Pages or Yell.com for Bottle Gas (& Equipment; Gas Suppliers). Just did it for Swindon and it brought back loads! If only I'd know when I was doing my searching I might have got my refill even cheaper! ;) :thumbup:

tyrophagus said:
Ok it seems £10 to swap out is not excessive, so I take the rip off back
I wish I had a local place that swapped mine for a tenner or even £15 for a 2kg bottle!! ;)

So I followed your link LondonDragon and found that local to me was

Abbey Fire Protection LTD
Location : Koblenz House, York Lane, Brinkworth, Swindon Wiltshire,SN15 5AN
Tel : 01793 726818
Services : empty FE 2kg co2 exchanged for full one for £10 it took 2 minutes. Nice man.
Date Added/Updated : Apr 02, 2010

Phoned him up and swapped out my used cylinder for a full one for £10. Even better he gave me a 2kg cylinder in exchange for a 1kg cylinder at not extra charge.

highly recommended!!

Sorry, meant to put details in case the link goes down:

Florian Fire and Safety
65 Torrin Drive, Shrewsbury, SY3 6AW
Tel: 01743588372

m

Still looking around as people have been posting very cheap prices in comparison. I'm from Whitehaven, Cumbria and not a lot of people round here do this sort of thing. Beacon fire from Penrith 01768 863551 or Workington 01900 66815 will re-fill bottles and supply recon units.
Off the top of his head his standard price list was £18 to re-fill a 2kg and £55 to buy a recon unit, they also do 5kg's. I explained to him what they were for and that I was a member of a club that needed a few of these and he has gave me his mobile. He says that if were to be getting a few done off him he would do exclusive prices for UKAPS members and all prices are negotiable.

Anyone interested in Cumbria area let me know and I'll see if I can haggle some better prices, I have a unit on a business estate and he gets round here at least once a week. I just need to get some gauges for mine now :D

Don't know if any uses these anymore but found out at work today (Maidenhead Aquatics Brighton) that we replace swap empty JBL cylinders for full ones for the cost of us getting them refilled by JBL. Don't know about other shops in our chain but I would imagine other shops provide the same service as we are only a relatively small shop.

Back