• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Refills...

As we seem to have more than one thread where members are posting about places to fill/buy CO2 bottles:

https://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/where-to-get-co2-cannisters-and-refills.4612/page-11

and for those that would rather just read and not click through to the other thread:

"My local LFS in Kettering, Northamptonshire does expired extinguishers. A 2kg one is £15. They are Kettering Aquatics, T: 01536 417272. www.ketteringaquatics.com. They're a small shop but helpful and worth a visit if you're in the area. :)"

Hi hopefully one of the mods can update the information on this thread and the other thread. I went to Brentex Gas in Middleton today and bought a 3kg food grade CO2 cylinder for my upcoming new tank. Cost was £42.00 inc VAT was told the refills would be £12.00. They filled up the cylinder whilst i was there, took maybe 1 min for them to fill it up.

Just been trying to find a source of co2 more local to me (currently using Adams gas, nearest one is quite a trek) and tried Home & Office Fire Extinguishers Ltd as mentioned on here before. They are selling 2kg fire extinguishers for £7 which is a bargain! They are in the Saffron Walden area and supply quite a lot to us fishy folk, best to call ahead. http://www.fireextinguisher.co.uk

Only other option I found in my area is Maidenhead aquatics, but those are the JBL cylinders which are crazy expensive. A few other shops sell Columbo(?) brand co2 but they aren't standard BSP fittings from what I can see.

For Somerset you can use Ball fire and protection in Bridgwater. They take out of date/decommissioned tanks from businesses and they buy new. He's always happy to flog on the out of date ones for strict aquarium use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For anyone looking for cO2 near Brighton I found Eltham Welding Supplies who can get cylinders and refills from Adams gas. I can't believe it... Finally a local supplier. I'm over the moon. Never knew one could get so excited by a bottle of gas! Their contact details are:

Eltham Welding Supplies Ltd - Portslade.
01273 414381.

For anyone looking for cO2 near Brighton I found Eltham Welding Supplies who can get cylinders and refills from Adams gas. I can't believe it... Finally a local supplier. I'm over the moon. Never knew one could get so excited by a bottle of gas! Their contact details are:

Eltham Welding Supplies Ltd - Portslade.
01273 414381.
www.elthamwelding.com

Btw: ensure you ask for food grade cO2 for hydroponics and aquatic plant growth. They would obviously usually supply the argon gas version for welding! :)

Hi guys ! Just got my 3.15kg bottle with CO2. This is pub bottle. I payed 55 quid for bottle ( refundable deposit), refills - 16 pounds. Supplier is ADAMS GAS http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/
This company does have lots of retailers around UK. So enjoy not expensive CO2
http://www.adamsgas.co.uk/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=80
Looked into this supplier as I have a couple near me and they are reasonably priced minus deposit, on their map it shows a lot of suppliers around me (south west of England).
Plus some of the bigger bottles I'm thinking I will need.

Afternoon all gas users.
Heads up for any one in the vicinity of Preston. I'm only 1/2 hour away.
I just had
2x 5Kg +
1x 2Kg extinguishers recharged at Walker fire (UK). Roman Way industrial estate.
The bottles were well in test and I had them charged "while u wait", after a prior 'phone call to confirm. Only waited 20 mins.
£15.00 per 5K
£10.00 per 2K
So three fills for £40.00 plus VAT
£48.00.
Cheers
Steve

Hi all, you definitely can get CO2 fire extinguishers refilled? I’m in the North West and one local company have replied it’s not possible and I’d have to buy a new one. Some of these posts were posted years ago so just checking.

I got mine refilled by WalkerFire @ Preston. Pre-arranged re-charge while-u-wait, went to trade counter but I'm pretty sure the bottles must be in test.
HTH

Brentex gas in Middleton fill while you wait, as long as it's in date. Out of date cylinders won't be filled anywhere.
It's a small operation so cash, but usually takes 5 minutes. They don't sell out of date extinguishers.
Cheers
John

Just an add-on. If the same regs apply to extinguishers as to SCUBA bottles, on re-test, any failures will be destroyed!

Saltash/Cornwall
Austen Knapman
01752 847799
£8.64 = 2kg FE
Can take a while as they need to fill a pallet before sending off.

Hi mate
Check adamsgas and search Customer owned CO2 Fire Extinguisher filling price per Kilogram. And check if they have a stockist near you.

Back