• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 pressure ? water ? Whats going on.

Quetzalcoatl said:
With some regulators there is pressure adjustment screw, to adjust using an allen key, under the large nut on the front.
This was the case on my JBL. It was covered with a plastic cap. No mention of it in the manual either. There may still be hope Chris? Failing that you could get a AM1000 reactor.

Great ! :( Will this affect flow ?

I thought the crisis was averted, I disconnected the bubble counter and tubes in and out of it and then retightened everything and it seemed to make a difference. FOR ABOUT TEN MINUTES. And now I am back to barely no control over the flow rate. Grrr. I am beginning to get well and truly over this. :thumbdown:

Hi

with most regs, there is always a way to tamper the pressure using some screwdrivers.... though its (rightly) not advisable. But if you know what you are doing, this should be fine. (I aint taking any responsibilities here..)

Else, simply make a reactor for CO2 yourself (or pay for it). Sure the wtaer flow decreases a bit, but guess you can live with that :) They dont need high CO2 pressure, and depending on what you fill the reactor with, the co2 dissolution is 100%. Put them on the ouput side of the filter... attach valves for safety on both sides if you wish.
I have one such thing and it works perfectly... Cleaning is also much easier than atomizer.

-niru

niru said:
Hi

with most regs, there is always a way to tamper the pressure using some screwdrivers.... though its (rightly) not advisable. But if you know what you are doing, this should be fine. (I aint taking any responsibilities here..)

Else, simply make a reactor for CO2 yourself (or pay for it). Sure the wtaer flow decreases a bit, but guess you can live with that :) They dont need high CO2 pressure, and depending on what you fill the reactor with, the co2 dissolution is 100%. Put them on the ouput side of the filter... attach valves for safety on both sides if you wish.
I have one such thing and it works perfectly... Cleaning is also much easier than atomizer.

-niru

Are atomisers meant to be cleaned ? Maybe thats my problem

Are atomisers meant to be cleaned ? Maybe thats my problem
They do get clogged after a while. A good soak in bleach will help remove some of the build up in there. I doubt very much though that this will solve the issue. In the past, even when my was due a clean the working pressure was still adequate enough to push the gas through the ceramic. Sorry mate, I know you don`t want to hear this. I think it`s either a new reg. Or a different method of injection. :thumbdown:

Thanks for your input guys. Im going to be borrowing a spare reg off someone and he is going to go back to TMC to try and get this sorted.

Considering the device was placed where it was, you might as well just take it off & stick the C02 pipe up the filter inlet?
I found that you need at least 2bar when the UPs are new but this increases with age & use, even after the first bleach clean you might need 2.5 just to get it working well.

The higher the pressure the better it will work (within reason) & I usually give up on the UP when I have to use 3 bar plus to get a decent mist, then I buy a new one!

You can try anything you like but at the end of the day 2 bar is the minimum recommended pressure to get a really fine, almost invisible, mist effect.

So for the time being choose another method & the easy low pressure method is to feed the gas into the filter, just tape the gas line down the filter inlet pipe so it ends flush & the bubbles will be sucked in.
Personally I do not like this method simply because I cant see what is going on & you will get a build up of gas that eventually escape in one huge C02 bubble = a burp!

Back