• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Generators

A

Antipofish

Hi,

I am looking into various CO2 options. At the moment I will be using liquid CO2 and liquid ferts (tank is 175L, 2x24W T5s, will be 60%+ planted).

Does anyone know anything about CO2 generators ? From what I quickly gathered they have some kind of carbon plate which reacts to produce the CO2. I may even be wrong in that, so have grabbed a link in the hope a few of you guys in the know can shed some light :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180602935...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_817wt_920

Also can someone tell me why that won't show as a hyperlink ?

Antipofish said:
Hi,

I am looking into various CO2 options. At the moment I will be using liquid CO2 and liquid ferts (tank is 175L, 2x24W T5s, will be 60%+ planted).

Does anyone know anything about CO2 generators ? From what I quickly gathered they have some kind of carbon plate which reacts to produce the CO2. I may even be wrong in that, so have grabbed a link in the hope a few of you guys in the know can shed some light :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180602935...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_817wt_920

Also can someone tell me why that won't show as a hyperlink ?

My friend Seb asked this question a while back, the answer came back, they are just expensive, don't produce enough CO2 and there are better ways of putting CO2 into your tank.

Here is the link with the replies he got.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12036

Best Regards,
John

Thanks John , I read the first few posts and didn't bother with the rest. That idea is now in the bin :) Always worth looking @ different possibilities. The think that swung it was the notion of getting as much kit OUT of the tank as possible, and having just bought an external heater I decided why would i shove something else thats ugly into the tank.

Antipofish said:
Thanks John , I read the first few posts and didn't bother with the rest. That idea is now in the bin :) Always worth looking @ different possibilities. The think that swung it was the notion of getting as much kit OUT of the tank as possible, and having just bought an external heater I decided why would i shove something else thats ugly into the tank.

Totally, I went that way also. Watch out for stuff in line to your filter reducing the overall flow rates. I ran a hydor heater and a CO2 reactor in line with my fluval 405 on my corner tank for 6 months before realising I'd reduced the flow to 25% of the listed about.

My new setup is running dual filters for that reason.

Best Regards,
John

hijac said:
Totally, I went that way also. Watch out for stuff in line to your filter reducing the overall flow rates. I ran a hydor heater and a CO2 reactor in line with my fluval 405 on my corner tank for 6 months before realising I'd reduced the flow to 25% of the listed about.

My new setup is running dual filters for that reason.

Best Regards,
John

Yeah the only thing i will run inline is the heater. Im not too worried about it reducing flow because I fully expect to handle circulation with a powerhead as an interim then get a better external filter eventually :) Appreciate the heads up though. :thumbup:

Back