• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

CO2 dump question

RudeDogg1

Just a quick noob question can u still get a co2 dump with the jbl systems? I ask cuz it will b on a discus set up so obviously i wouldnt wanna loose a load of expensive fish

CeeJay

Hi RudeDogg1

There is someone round here who runs his bottles until they're empty on a JBL regulator, but I can't for the life of me remember who it is :oops: .
Hopefully he will pop by soon and confirm this.
I run a JBL system myself but have never been brave enough to run the bottle till empty :lol: . I always change it when the pressure gets down to around 20 - 30 bar.

RudeDogg1 said:
Just a quick noob question can u still get a co2 dump with the jbl systems? I ask cuz it will b on a discus set up so obviously i wouldnt wanna loose a load of expensive fish

Hi

Ive two jbl systems running / one spare and they have never dumped gas.

Regards
paul

andyh

i run mine till they stop with no problem, to be fair to the JBL gauges, they are very good.

Luketendo

Was reading a similar topic earlier in which Ceg stated that you shouldn't run them dry because it can get air / dirt / moisture into the CO2 bottle which could cause a weakness in the bottle, so just something to bare in mind.

Themuleous

I've run several systems to empty and never had a dump. Maybe thats just me, I know people have experienced it. The only thing I have noticed is that as the cylinder gets lower the pressure goes up so I get an increase in CO2 in the tank which I have to be careful of, not that its ever caused me a noticable problem with the fish or anything.

Sam