• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Atomizer Vs. Reactor

They giving you a faulty point on your filter pipes. If the connection released or the sealing damage you will likely drain your tank :)
something like this :lol:
IMG_3348.jpg

My reactor does gargle a little but i only hear it if i listen for it....

Sure there's the advantage to use in-line diffuser or external reactor. The major one is you will have more than enough CO2 everywhere in your tank and at the same time you use much less CO2. With some plants this is pretty good and helpful as you do not need to think about CO2 levels even on the bottom part, corners etc.

They are not sexy, some people love the glass diffusers for this reason even with the trade offs.
They giving you a faulty point on your filter pipes. If the connection released or the sealing damage you will likely drain your tank :) This never happened to me, but good to check the fittings are tight.
Since these external stuff so comfortable that you already forgot the weekly, bi-weekly ceamic cleaning and this turns out you probably will only clean the inline or reactors when there a bigger problem :)

Both work good. I am using external reactor at home as i do not have too much time to maintenances. But using many glass diffuser ones elsewhere as they still looks sexy :)
thanks viktor for your explanation. I am worried about a major leak I must admit,i will give this a think before I make up my mind..
many thanks roy.

what do ya mean big and ugly..
Very old thread I know Ian but do you still use this method? Can you give me arguments for/against? Also which way is the water flowing here? - I'm guessing the opposite way to which I want.
I've looked into using Zeus' method but that takes hole sizes down to 12mm which is too small so either make something or looking at using a media reactor
I also don't have acres of space and would like to get my heater and method of injecting CO2 in one line whether I have to tee it or not isn't an issue but then having extra bends for reactors is a bit much.

All I want is not to have CO2 bubbles flowing through my spraybar.
Cheers
Andrew

Back