• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Advice for 340l Tank

Lincs Planter

Hi all setting up a new system never used a CO2 system just spent the last ten years keeping it out of the system (reefkeeping) thinking of using a dual stage regulator with a reactor and at present I'm using an FX4 filter so going to get another filter to purely run the CO2 system. How much CO2 do you think I would use and what filter would you suggest?

Tank is 120cm x 45cm x 60cm. I haven't decided on a substrate yet and the lighting will be Plant 3.0 59W and an Aquasky 2.0 25W going to be a nature scape heavily planted.

You don’t even need a filter to run it; you could hook your reactor up to a DC pump and use that to push water through it.

In the US, 5lb tanks are very common. I have a 500L tank and the 5lb tank lasts 4+ months, with a pH drop of 1.1 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also suggest, with a tank that size @Lincs Planter, that the 2nd filter is a must for redundancy. Another FX4 or FX6 wont hurt!

That would mean putting back pressure on the filter with dropping it down to 16mm pipework. I can rig a bypass up but it’s messy. Thinking more an Eheim or something.

If you are going to go with the Biomaster, I would look at the 850. I do not own one, but the max head hieght is better (extra 40cm compared to the 600) which means your filtration turnover should be better. Your tank is around 320 Litres and expect the 850 to circulate at between 3 to 4 times per hour. - which is just fine for filtration.

Only thing that puts me off the Biomasters are the problems people seem to have constantly but I don't know if that's if you have a problem you come on and there's more of them out there in the wild if that makes sense

Only thing that puts me off the Biomasters are the problems people seem to have constantly but I don't know if that's if you have a problem you come on and there's more of them out there in the wild if that makes sense
Yeah - if you look hard enough, you will find people who have problems with their filters regardless of the brand - Oase being no exception. I have had my 250's for a year now and I am really quite pleased with them. The main design issue is that inlet/outlet connector can have an issue and leaks - so I always keep a spare. But other than that, they have reasonable filtration capacity and keep water very very clean. I have not cleaned my internal media for over a year.- just a quick 5-minute pre-filter change every week. O, and their support is actually quite good when I have contacted them several times.

This is a terrible picture, but you can see the water clarity of the little Oase 250 through standard glass.

IMG_1099.jpeg

Yea I think the 850 is beckoning and definitely the favourite at the moment, I'm just planning a sliding shelf to go into the Seabray Elite base for changing the pre filter.

Back