• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 Advice for 340l Tank

Lincs Planter

Hi all setting up a new system never used a CO2 system just spent the last ten years keeping it out of the system (reefkeeping) thinking of using a dual stage regulator with a reactor and at present I'm using an FX4 filter so going to get another filter to purely run the CO2 system. How much CO2 do you think I would use and what filter would you suggest?

Tank is 120cm x 45cm x 60cm. I haven't decided on a substrate yet and the lighting will be Plant 3.0 59W and an Aquasky 2.0 25W going to be a nature scape heavily planted.

You don’t even need a filter to run it; you could hook your reactor up to a DC pump and use that to push water through it.

In the US, 5lb tanks are very common. I have a 500L tank and the 5lb tank lasts 4+ months, with a pH drop of 1.1 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also suggest, with a tank that size @Lincs Planter, that the 2nd filter is a must for redundancy. Another FX4 or FX6 wont hurt!

That would mean putting back pressure on the filter with dropping it down to 16mm pipework. I can rig a bypass up but it’s messy. Thinking more an Eheim or something.

Back