• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co Regulator with good sensetivity

bjorn

I'm currently using a JBL CO2 system, but not terribly happy with the Regulator (I think it's called) which allows me to adjust how many bubbles to inject. It seems to be hit and miss when I try adjust the amount of CO2. Sometimes nothing much happens when you screw it one way or another, then suddenly it opens a lot. No real fine tuning possible.

Can anyone recommend a CO2 regulator that sort of clicks in place, so that you can hear or feel it click, step by step as it opens slightly. Or are they all smooth-adjusted with no resistance?

Yep.

Bjorn, are you talking about the large dial on the top of the regulator or the small one on the side/end (needle valve)? Not a CO2 equipment expert but as far as I know none of them click into place, they're all smooth adjusted. The issue is probably about the quality of the equipment rather than the mechanism of adjustment if you see what I mean. For example, the needle valve on my D-D is very temperamental but higher quality brands (I would have thought JBL) should adjust smoothly.

It could be that the needle valve is damaged. If you over tighten it, it's possible to damage them. You could buy a separate needle valve (usually about £10 from Malaysia on ebay) and connect it after your regulator. You'd leave your regulator's needle valve open and use the new one for fine adjustments.

Cheaper than a new regulator :)

Sorry, I did mean the Needle Valve. I guess they all just have that smooth adjustment.. JBL is ok for quality, but the Needle Valve could have got damaged as I have probably done it up quite hard a few times.

Are the AquaticMagic stuff good quality? I might just get a whole new head, regulator, needle valve etc instead. Say if money wasn't an issue, what's the best available CO2 gear inc solenoid?

Well I'm satisfied with Dennerle even if my gear is SH they do top quality stuff.

Cheers,
Mike

Back