• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cladophora - any surefire way to get rid?

brumbird

Hey folks

I need to take down and move my 160l tank in a couple of months as it is at the "tank sitters" aka mom and dads garage whilst we move into and renovate our new house.

Its always had a clado problem and i dont mind a bit as it looks quite good on the wood but its knitting the plant stems together amd removing it means i often break the stems of the plants i want to keep.

I am planning a complete rethink for this tank but would like to use the wood and some of the plants. Is there a way of eliminating the clad from the tank? I can scrub the wood and let it dry out, and wipe the plants/sift through the more delicate ones but i cant help thinkng if one strand makes it in there will be big green pompoms again in no time.

Any and all thoughts and suggestions welcome :)

Thanks guys - i can put the plants in a different tank to do an easycarbo overdose.

I turn my pumps off, spot dose with EasyCarbo using a pipette and leave it to sit for a few minutes before turning the circulation back on again. The algae goes brown and withers away within a week. With spot dosing you can use way less EasyCarbo so it won't harm more sensitive plants in a established tank :)

Back