• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chip Led light 100cm tank

Unfortunately can't tell a lot from the pictures as out of focus :(.

The one thing I can see is holes in the leaves. This is more than likely poor CO2 and/or low nutrient issues for the light levels you have.

Again any algae is poor CO2 for your light levels. The plants are dying, releasing organics as they die which is feeding the algae.

All symptomatic of far far far too much light for your CO2 & ferts levels.

Yet another reason why the plants are suffering, you must feed them, especially at the light levels you have.

If you aren't or can't move to bottled CO2, then your best bet will be to try running with only one T5 tube, that is normally bright enough (actually maybe too bright) to grow most plants, no problem. That will cut you electricity down to a quarter at now cost.

The problem with LED's, it will cost serious money to come anywhere equivalent to T5 output
I agree it does cost more but they do last long and they are far stronger than t5 bulbs. I had a 56 watts t5 on my juwel 125 and now i made a 30w led i ended up with algae every . But i could of avoided the algae as the rio i am using is not my hightech tank i use it to keep shrimps so i dont bother cleaning it.

Your tubes are T5 39W which is 850mm and will be about 2300 lumens.

An Aquatlantis LED fixture @ 850mm is 44W (so hardly power saving !!) @ 3600 lumens, but @ £130 each. Mind you, you will only need two (or one) as about 1 1/2 times brighter than T5. Also you must cost in a controller @ £60 or else you will be back to zapping your plants again.

So based on what you have just revealed
1. Don't get LED, this will only carry on killing your plants in exactly the same way your T5 tubes are at the moment.
2. Run with only one T5 tube, if you are not going to use pressurised CO2. Instant electricity saving.
3. Add fertiliser of some form.

I dont agree with you here . Get a cheap led fixture you have to balance led with the tank you have. People tend to buy a high wattage led fixtures when they dont need them. If you using 100w t5 fixure and you have no algae get half of that wattage with leds which is 50w. Led ls are the future t5 are power hungry and many companies are now converting their tanks to led fixures.

Holes in leaves and algae on bacopa leaves, poor CO2 implementation compound by too much light
Might have some yellow leaves on one pic which would indicate ferts issue.
That would be my opinion but not an expert OFC

Hi
After all said.
It seems that the Chichiros RGB 90cm
Will be enough for your tank plus is dimmable so U will be able to reduce it furder if needed.
Why U cant get pressurised CO2?
U really need to consider going low tech if not able to get some pressurised CO2 as constant fluctuating CO2 from the DIY mix is not a good thing .There are loads of plants that will grow well but U need to feed them with some complete fertiliser and have the light on the lower side.
Regards Konsa

I agree it does cost more but they do last long and they are far stronger than t5 bulbs. I had a 56 watts t5 on my juwel 125 and now i made a 30w led i ended up with algae every . But i could of avoided the algae as the rio i am using is not my hightech tank i use it to keep shrimps so i dont bother cleaning it.

I dont agree with you here . Get a cheap led fixture you have to balance led with the tank you have. People tend to buy a high wattage led fixtures when they dont need them. If you using 100w t5 fixure and you have no algae get half of that wattage with leds which is 50w. Led ls are the future t5 are power hungry and many companies are now converting their tanks to led fixures.

Whats your opinion about this led?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P2JGPB2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A347GK6YRL6XBR&th=1

Hi
After all said.
It seems that the Chichiros RGB 90cm
Will be enough for your tank plus is dimmable so U will be able to reduce it furder if needed.
Why U cant get pressurised CO2?
U really need to consider going low tech if not able to get some pressurised CO2 as constant fluctuating CO2 from the DIY mix is not a good thing .There are loads of plants that will grow well but U need to feed them with some complete fertiliser and have the light on the lower side.
Regards Konsa
Chichiros 90 is not dimmable but is desirable to buy it
Can t get pressurised CO2 because i can 't afford it and especially in a long term use
(here where i leave its very difficult to find a store to refill the bottle)

Last edited:
Do a search on Yescom LEDs - I quickly found a US forum discussion
one point made was that the LEDs were actually 0.1 watt rather than the advertised 0.5watt

Have you looked at local lighting shops/manufacturers, only consideration is water proofing - what is the waterproof rating on your linked Yescom unit?

I want to thank you all for your advice.
I decided to remove the one Glo and keep 2 T5 until i order the Chichiros RGB

Hi
Make sure U post some updates of your tank after the changes.
What do U deside about fertilisers.Are U going to use some?
Regards Konsa

Back