• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros owners warning!!

jwmachon

Hi

Just a warning I'm in the UK and the plug that came with my light chihiros wrgb2 is a 2 prong plug it came with an adaptor to convert it to UK 3 pin

I have just received a massive electric shock from the adaptor/light plug with a big spark I'm just glad my baby wasn't around it

Not sure what to do I bought it from a UK shop so I will contact them

Just a warning for peeps shook me up

Glad your ok, this is a case get your money back can't be too careful with electricity, going back to the shop is the right way to go,faulty goods ,they are responsible

Hi

Just a warning I'm in the UK and the plug that came with my light chihiros wrgb2 is a 2 prong plug it came with an adaptor to convert it to UK 3 pin

I have just received a massive electric shock from the adaptor/light plug with a big spark I'm just glad my baby wasn't around it

This won't be Chihiros, this will be the shop you bought it from ordering the wrong fitting and sticking an adapter in themselves I'd wager. If you order from the Chihiros online shop, all their lights give the option of selecting the plug type from 5 different options.

Which light is it? A number of the power blocks have a removable figure 8 mains cable that plugs into it, that can be easily changed.

Failing that, the best adapters are those that two pin plug locks inside, like this one that @Aqua sobriquet linked to above:

1697786875232.png

Last edited:
My Twinstar lights came with 2 pin plugs, I just snipped the plugs off and wired them up to 3 pin plugs. I appreciate this will probably invalidate warranty but I much prefer not having to ever use adapters.

One of mine came with a two pin transformer so I had no option but to use an adapter. Not ideal but it’s not been a problem.

Hi

I Ordered directly from chihiros and i had to select which type of plug i want and got the UK one

Just seen this thread. I bought a Chihiros light the other day from a UK supplier, got to say I'm not impressed with the adaptor that came with it either, it's working but I'd one hell of a job pairing the two parts and getting the adaptor to screw fully closed.

Back