• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros help for new tank

Miggsyman

Just got my chihiros WRGB2 10th edition and now awaiting delivery of my plants

Can some one help on the app settings for the tank, I don't want it to start bad as will end up being empty

I know people say start low and slowly ramp it up but which slider and colours etc

Many thanks
1000010310.png

hi.
i had the same question yesterday pretty much. its only intuitive if you know how!
just select a colour range, say red and then slide the percentage of each colour back. i imagine you will need to start dimmer.
think that people dont worry too much about K now adays as it is said you can grow plants in any kinda light?
Anyway a plant spectrum is between 7/8000k so give that a go.
i had my red at 60% green at 50 and Blue 40 and last night it was like a ufo had landed in the room!
let us know how you get on.

Oh yeah theres a youtube vid that explains it as well. Just search it up and hopefully you will find the one with the new software.
Im really surprised that Chihiros dont do a really good instruction set of clips?
Possibly they do but i just cant find them.

Dont make it ruin your experience though. You cant break it so take it off the tank and give it a go if you are concerned?
Check back later.

Si

I have two and started very low, like 20% on each bar. Then I bump it up 5% every two or so weeks. Then I stopped increasing and kept blue at 65, red and green at a bit more - personal taste. I tried setting everything higher, but plants just grow too fast I CBA cutting them every week. Here's my Jornal. In my experience blue bar is what matters the most for growth speed, the other two bars not so much. 80/20 sort of thing.

hi.
i had the same question yesterday pretty much. its only intuitive if you know how!
just select a colour range, say red and then slide the percentage of each colour back. i imagine you will need to start dimmer.
think that people dont worry too much about K now adays as it is said you can grow plants in any kinda light?
Anyway a plant spectrum is between 7/8000k so give that a go.
i had my red at 60% green at 50 and Blue 40 and last night it was like a ufo had landed in the room!
let us know how you get on.

Oh yeah theres a youtube vid that explains it as well. Just search it up and hopefully you will find the one with the new software.
Im really surprised that Chihiros dont do a really good instruction set of clips?
Possibly they do but i just cant find them.

Dont make it ruin your experience though. You cant break it so take it off the tank and give it a go if you are concerned?
Check back later.

Si
Cheers I'll try to find the YouTube link👍

I have two and started very low, like 20% on each bar. Then I bump it up 5% every two or so weeks. Then I stopped increasing and kept blue at 65, red and green at a bit more - personal taste. I tried setting everything higher, but plants just grow too fast I CBA cutting them every week. Here's my Jornal. In my experience blue bar is what matters the most for growth speed, the other two bars not so much. 80/20 sort of thing.
I've read that the blue is what causes algae
I'm so confused 😂

It’s probably best to use the Auto menu. This allows the schedule timer function to be used. You can then set the intensity of the light and the ramp up and ramp down times which are similar to sunrise and sunset. I use 2 light schedules per 24 hours. I’ll send my settings later.
YouTube is good for how to videos.

This is a great YT clip but i found it way to fast. Also it looks like two tanks are being setup which was a bit confusing.
Thanks for posting though!

You mention ramp down. I didnt realise that, or remember setting it up but apparently i did as my light was doing so last night.

Si

Here’s my auto settings for my Chihiros light. I’ve not messed with the colour channels an all. The +50 and +60 is the % light intensity.
IMG_3010.jpeg

Great. Im glad your plants have light!
I will go back to my app later and compare.
So your first setting is for and hour?

Back