• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros C2 RGB Wattage Clarification

CJayT

Soooo, I just got a my C2 RGB and it states 20w power consumption on the website but running it maxed out it says 17w on mine? I'm guessing the other 3w is to run the chip and bluetooth etc? Or am I missing something. Anyone else with a C2 RGB that can corroborate the 17ws for LED? Or have I got a weird dud? IMG_6193.jpeg

Marketing just rounds up..just kidding.
Could be one is system watts including power supply.
Other could be light head watts.
Annoying but not enough to be stressed about.
Others measurements will be interesting
At least they use proper drivers.

trying maxxing out red / green/ blue channels to see whether there is a particular colour channel that uses more watts than the others....

trying maxxing out red / green/ blue channels to see whether there is a particular colour channel that uses more watts than the others....
What’s interesting is it allows you to go over 100% each channel but not all at once (as if you have a value of 300 you can divide up but can go above that I.e 150% blue and 150% red 0 green etc)? . I tried playing with maxing out diff channels in combo but the max is 17w…

Marketing just rounds up..just kidding.
Could be one is system watts including power supply.
Other could be light head watts.
Annoying but not enough to be stressed about.
Others measurements will be interesting
At least they use proper drivers.
I think you may be right. Would be reassuring if anyone else with the same light was saying they were seeing the same.

I'm guessing the other 3w is to run the chip and bluetooth etc? Or am I missing something. Anyone else with a C2 RGB that can corroborate the 17ws for LED? Or have I got a weird dud?View attachment 205163
The light will indeed use 17W with the way it’s configured in the screenshot. The light will adjust the spectrum to match 13000K 100% so not all channels will be used at their maximum. Similarly, at 3000K 100% the individual channels will adjust for the spectrum and use 16W. Unless you want a particular K estimate, leave these sliders off.

I also no longer have the power draw for CII in the app. Currently running with the latest versions available to me
The CII RGB Firmware is 21; App Android ver. 2.2.29 . Keep in mind, Chihiros can be country/region and OS specific in their versioning.

With the all the individual RGB sliders maxed out in my app I am able to measure a power draw of 21W at the socket using a cheap power meter (17W using the 13000K was also measured like this).

Back