• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Chihiros Aquasky sunset/sunrise

Guys, you are complicating a bit. This controller is exactly the same dimmer that comes with Chihiros, its just electronic, so the thing is to replace the manual dimmer to this one.

1. The connectors are called DC.
2. TC420 have two ways to connect the power supply, one for dc connectors, another directly (the V- and V+)
3. Simply connect the chihiros power supply on the tc420 with the dc connector.
4. find in your local electrician one female dc connector (if you don't want to cut your manual dimmer), this one will connect on the male dc of chihiros (the cord that goes to the light itself) and 2 cords to connect to channel 1 and v+ in the output.
5. programme in the computer
6. In the case of the 602 it have two power cords right? So connect one to channel one and another to channel two...
7. done
8. enjoy your slowly sunrise and shine. (mine is 2 hours each atm)

Last edited:
Finally arrived today and it's all working perfect!

Will post details later for anyone else that wants to try it.

Yes please, still waiting on mine, post any details you can, would help greatly!

Guys, you are complicating a bit. This controller is exactly the same dimmer that comes with Chihiros, its just electronic, so the thing is to replace the manual dimmer to this one.

1. The connectors are called DC.
2. TC420 have two ways to connect the power supply, one for dc connectors, another directly (the V- and V+)
3. Simply connect the chihiros power supply on the tc420 with the dc connector.
4. find in your local electrician one female dc connector (if you don't want to cut your manual dimmer), this one will connect on the male dc of chihiros (the cord that goes to the light itself) and 2 cords to connect to channel 1 and v+ in the output.
5. programme in the computer
6. In the case of the 602 it have two power cords right? So connect one to channel one and another to channel two...
7. done
8. enjoy your slowly sunrise and shine. (mine is 2 hours each atm)

thanks for the tips!

My TC420 arrived the other day, today I had a chance to get the program (PLed) installed on my old PC, I dont usually use PC this days and unfortunately PLed does not run on OSX / Mac, also my PC doesn't have a tray style CD drive so I couldn't use the mini cd-rom that comes with the TC420 unit, luckily i found the program online.

The program pretty straight forward to use, just followed a online guide and made a simple test "mode" and also my full "mode" which is a simple 1 hour fade from 0 - 100% 5hrs at 100% then 100 - 0% fade over 1hr. Pushed the two "modes" to the TC420 and plugged my Chihiros A-Series Plus (45cm) power supply directly into the DC power in plug on the TC420 unit, I pulled apart a spare standard dimmer (purchased of ebay) used the male end and connected it to the V+ and CH1 and I can report it worked like a charm!

IMG_5646.JPG

Here is a quick time lapse (my tank is suffering from green water... ignore that!), tho the iphone auto adjusts lighting and my tank directly next to the 45p was also on so its hard to see the fade up and fade down... I missed the start of the cycle with the video but you get the picture, seems to work fine. I am going to plug my Chihiros A-Series Plus (60cm) into the CH2 and hopefully get both lights running on the one TC420 unit, tho one power supply probably couldn't drive both the 45cm and 60cm light?! May just end up getting another TC420 from China.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help, really appreciated. Do you have links to where you bought both the TC420 and the spare dimmer?

Im not sure we can link to suppliers? But if you visit aliexpress the seller is KNL Black Store, or drop me a PM and ill send you a link to the controller

Just get another power supply, no need for another tc420. They are cheap.
The plus of tc420 is if you have a 12v co2 solenoid you can connect there too. It eliminates the needs of noise clocks.

Just get another power supply, no need for another tc420. They are cheap.
The plus of tc420 is if you have a 12v co2 solenoid you can connect there too. It eliminates the needs of noise clocks.
Cheers, I already ordered another tc420, they are only $25 (AUD) but I will look into getting a bigger power supply to power both lights of the one unit as I can use the other tc420 on another tank that isnt in my study.

Thanks

Not had chance to do a video yet but doylecolmdoyle has it set up the same way I do.

Interested in addind co2 to it now tho as suggested.

Would I need another power supply?

Back