• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cherry shrimp questions

Steven c

Hi all a flower on my tanks surface wasn't the only surprise I had yesterday, as my baby was hell bent on depriving me of sleep last night I turned on my tank light late last night to see a cherry shrimp holding about 20/30 eggs, they was bright yellow, would these be fertile also they have only been in the tank for a week or so, are shrimp prolific breeders will I soon find my tank over run by shrimp? How long do the eggs take before I shall see baby shrimp? And...... Would these shrimp mate even if the conditions are not correct or is it a sign that they are happy in my conditions.
Cheers people

30 days for the eggs to hatch, they should be fertile if you are seeing your shrimp holding them. I wont say soon runover by them. More like in 8-9 months. Then you can add in a betta or some other big enough fish to keep them in check.

Thanks Noman
As you seem to be in the know..:)
I've got another cherry shrimp the biggest of them.. It has like a crack in its shell like the two halves are coming apart but not as drastic as I'm explaining, underneath it's like the same yellow colour as the eggs on the other shrimp, could this be her making eggs??

Back