• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cherry red shrimp are in corner?

bumcrumb

afternoon guys, lovely day out !!!
just a little question that's worrying me a bit,
i got some crs yesterday, did the whole introduction to the tank by adding water every 5 Min's by 5% and added within a hour or so and they were fine.
they got a little colour back in the next few hours and where swimming all around the tank just like fish!!
i have been watching them today(all day) and most of them are in the top left corner by my outlet and heater and aren't moving.
out of the 10 i got there is only 2 on the substrate sitting there.
i am waiting for some drop checker solution at the min so i have turned down the co2 by 1 bubble every 3secs in case that was the problem but i only had it on 1bps before so that isnt much.
the temperature is on 22.3 degrees at the min.
any ideas on what the problem is???
cheers
chris o_O

If they're hanging out near the surface, it does suggest an oxygen issue. I'd try raising the filter outlet to increase surface movement, and also do a water change to get the O2 levels up, just to be sure.

Do you use any liquid carbon? Too much of this in the water can cause shrimp to generally slow down, but not necessarily bunch up in the corner.

hi again, haven't done a water change yet but i turned the co2 down to around 1bubble per 4 secs or so, moved the small spray bar to the water line so it ripples the water and they have moved down to the surface again now but i have turned one of my lights of (6.00pm 15w off) and i have only the 8w arcadia original on now for the last hour.
do you think light has anything to do with it?? too bright maybe??
plus all day nothing has pearled but now an hour before the 15w goes off the hc is pearling more than ever??? whats going on?
any clues as im baffled lol

Back