• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Carpet plants.

Anthony89

Im still a total novice with plants, not good with names. Id like to have a carpetting plant in my tank. My tank is low-tech I would say. Its 4ft by 2ft deep. 2x54w t5ho plants bulbs, sand subsrate. Dosing seachem liquid carbon and seachem flourish. What would be a good carpetting plant to try?

Thanks.

There's quite a bit to choose from, hydrocotyle tripartita,can be pressed down and make a nice carpet. Four leaf clover ,mosses,glosso, hair grass,echinodorus tenellus,fissidens fontanus,lilaepsis brasiliensis or mauritiana,riccia and one of the easy ones sagittaria subulata.:) exuse my spelling.:)you may find the Tropicana book or dennerle aquarium plant book usefull its help me put names to plants.:)

Kap k is pretty spot on there with the carpet plants. You can also visit tropicas website to view pants and their difficulty ratings.
Just to add though if you're dosing liquid carbon this shifts the tank into the high tech category needing fert dosing etc along with water changes each week too

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Back