• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Carpet plants that don't need regular trimming

Is it low tech with no added CO2? If so things will grow slower so if you pick the slowest growing that would reduce maintenance but if your aim is a dense carpet then you'll have to maintain it to some degree. Hydrocotyle Tripartita can grow like crazy if it likes your tank - you have to keep pushing it down to avoid a big ball.
If it is fast growing and need frequent pruning or pushing down, it’s not low maintenance.

The tank will be high light, low to zero tech. It will be a dirt tank located next to the window that receive 3 to 4 hour direct sunlight, with no heater or filtration. I have already experimented with a planted bowl (in the avatar) with dwarf hair grass that is growing lush with no algae. It’s been set up for 4 months with no trimming yet, and not sure if I’ll ever need to. But in my future window tank, I want to try other easy maintenance carpet plants, but seem like I am limiting to grassy plants only.

Hydrocotyle Tripartita is a weed and will take over everything, dont use this plant if you dont want to be thinning it out often

Back