• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Carpet Plant

daza.141

Im currently setting up a planted aquarium and wanted a plant that i could set down to create a carpet but wanted it to be low tech so no co2 and not a high light demand but to look good still i was hoping for something not to big. someting small like Cuba/HC/ Hemianthus callitrichoides is i wouldnt mind riccia but i cant get my hands on loads as its such a high price and i need it to cover a 3ft x 1ft tank :/

Hi have you thought about moss on some mesh or netting? once attached fully you can trim the moss to give a short carpet effect.
Just an idea that's been on my mind for a while now as im thinking of doing a section in my low tech tank

mosses can work nicely as a carpet in low-tech. You don't eaven need a netting - just fasten small tuffs n the gravel and they'll spread appily. Gently push down with your palm, now and then, and cut whenit's getting too tall :)
- Really esy, actualy.

Back