• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cardinal Tetra's and White Spot

Tomo

Hello everyone,

I recently bought 6 cardinal tetras for my tank. As soon as I put them into my tank, I could see that they had a little bit of white spot. I treated this straightaway with the API white spot treatment for one week. (Two treatments.) This seemed to clear it up. I then did a 50% water change using my gravel cleaner. All seemed well for two weeks, and then the white spot came back, again on the cardinals. I treated them again with the API white spot, raising the temeprature of the tank to 27oC. Again, I did the treatment for a week, so that was 2 doses in the tank, (as per instructions) and followed this with a 50% water change, again using the gravel cleaner. This cleared them up, and now, after another week or so, it's back again!

It always seems to affect the cardinals first - in fact, I haven't even noticed it on the other fish in the tank. (4 endlers, 4 cherry barbs, 1 red-tailed shark.) I don't know if there is something that I am doing wrong, or if the cardinals are particularly sensitive to white spot, but the disease has to come from somewhere and it's getting very annoying now! I cannot seem to clear it up at all.

Has anyone else experienced recurring white spot? Please help!

Thanks

Tomo

Hi mate. I've only really had complete 1st time removal with Waterlife protozin. How I found it best, was to do a large water change to remove Any spores in there, giving the White spot less chance of hanging on, then did the treatment as per the instructions followed by large water change after. The waterlife is done over a week period, day 1 then day 3 4 and 7 from what I remember. I've never had it since.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, and advice. I've just brought the Waterlife treatment you recommend, and I'm going to give it a go. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again

Tomo :thumbup:

Back