• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! Can I remove reactions from my "Your news feed" content?

brhau

Hi there,

I like using the "Your news feed" tab on "What's new" to filter content by users I've chosen to follow. However, on this forum, the feed includes reactions from people I follow. So,for example, if I follow Darrel, what I see in my feed is every post he's "Liked," which is a lot. Can you please remove reactions from this feed? Or is there a way for me to set that preference for my own account?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi all,
So,for example, if I follow Darrel, what I see in my feed is every post he's "Liked," which is a lot......
Thanks, Ben
No, you are right I' ve been profligate with my likes and I'll just like a lot less posts........

Well, that has gone well already, I liked Ben's (@brhau ) post, and mentioned his user name.

Cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Hi there,

I like using the "Your news feed" tab on "What's new" to filter content by users I've chosen to follow. However, on this forum, the feed includes reactions from people I follow. So,for example, if I follow Darrel, what I see in my feed is every post he's "Liked," which is a lot. Can you please remove reactions from this feed? Or is there a way for me to set that preference for my own account?

Thanks,
Ben
Not sure why that's a problem particularly,. Could you perhaps explain a little more?

No, you are right I' ve been profligate with my likes and I'll just like a lot less posts........
I don't think you should change how you use the site just to make my use of a single feature more convenient!

I've used the "Your news feed" on other forums and not all of them include reactions.

Not sure why that's a problem particularly?
It's not a problem, I guess I just want to know how I can have a filtered view. For example if I create a list on Twitter, I can see everything posted by the people I've listed, but it doesn't include their reactions.

I guess I shouldn't ask for a global change if someone else has a different use of that feature. But I would like to know if I can configure it differently.

Thanks

Back