• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Can CO2 micro bubbles cause incorrect drop checker readings?

Hanuman

Hi @Hanuman
Would this product qualify?
It says, "With 2 different sensors: NDIR and TVOC provide 2 options for you, you can choose based on your requirement." And it costs CAD $36.

Amazon product

It looks identical to what @sparkyweasel has.

3 IN 1 Portable LCD CO2 Meter Air Quality Carbon Dioxide Detector Tester Monitor | eBay

I'll be honest, I think that's a big fat lie. Considering the price it can only be a TVOC sensor. I wouldn't waste my money on that.

sparkyweasel

NDIR CO2 sensors (nondispersive infrared sensor) which by themself are pricy. The component alone will cost ~30/40USD
When I considered building a meter, the sensors were about £10 to buy just one at retail price. I imagine the large-scale Chinese makers can get them a lot cheaper than that.
Even the kit you linked to has the option of with or without the sensor, and the price difference is only $20.

Hanuman

When I considered building a meter, the sensors were about £10 to buy just one at retail price.
You see, el cheapo NDIR sensors like the one you just referred to are basically copies. Aliexperess is flooded by them. They are slow, inaccurate, unreliable. They usually have a detection range of 400-10000ppm or 0-5000ppm which technically is fine BUT with a very poor accuracy which can range from 100ppm to a 1000ppm 😬. There are not many companies producing quality NDIR. I suggest looking for Sensirion, Winsen, Cubic, Senseair. All produce quality, reliable sensors. Some are very expensive some very reasonable, but nothing like £10, that just wont happen and I wouldn't waste my money on those copies.
Even the kit you linked to has the option of with or without the sensor, and the price difference is only $20.
The component alone will cost ~30/40USD sometimes more depending the manufacturer.
The Kit I posted earlier is the cheapest you will find with a good quality sensor. They use the Senseair S8 sensor which retails for 25/30USD depending where you buy it from. AirGradient is able to get it for slightly lower because they buy it by the hundreds.

Last edited: