• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Can anyone tell me what this yellowing is?

Frenchi

Hi ppl

I started this nano tank a good week ago and it's been doing fine growing well .. But got home from work today to find its all looking a strange yellowing colour like it's covered in some sort of algae??

It pumped with co2 so it's near yellow on indicator

Dosed with Ei

It's a 20 litre tank with no fish just plant and 1 tiny nirate snail

Any suggestions please?

0f5d619be909feb4f6d8da0b25127eed.jpg
a76cee2695554a7baaa475db367a5c08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's strange it pearls like crazy .. I didn't know if there was too much co2

I'm baffled... I must say .. It was coming on well too .. The plants at the very back are even filling with it .. There only there temporary though so not too bothered...

Its algae.. Green hair algae that's dying. I have the same thing in my 10g Bowfront.. My wisteria had a green mushy algae growing on the leaves and then it started to die and turned brown exactly like your seeing. And algae pearls too I noticed.. I had it happen in many tanks.

I can see the green fuzzy algae on like half of the leaves on your plants in the close up shot you took. The brown is the ones that are dead/dying. Also looks like you have diatoms in your tank.. I suggest 1 ottocinclus to get rid of it

Back