• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Britain's Most Beautiful and Famous Streets/Views?

zozo

I came across this one but forgot where it is, seems to be very famous, something with a TV commercial (Bread, Bakkery ?)...

Not only the view but I think it's a gorgeous nostalgic picturesque street, I would love to have grown up there... What I love the most are the old houses with the little Wabi Kusa chimneys. And the one with the straw roofing is exceptionally beautiful.

The street I currently live used to look like this, an old cobblestone road downhill, less steep but similar. Allegedly it needed a new modernized split sewer about 15 years ago and then at the same time, they also renovated the street with concrete pavers and parking places... My country is famous for destroying heritage with the excuse of safety regulations etc. :mad:
F01vvXfXoAE--Dv.jpg

But this is 😍🥰😘I hope it stays like this forever...

I bet somebody over here knows where this is... And I also bet there are many more like these in the British countryside.
Do you know any?

Hi all,
I’m not far from Bibury in the Cotswolds - unbelievably pretty, and my husband just reminded me it’s one of the ‘watermarks’ in the UK passport.
View attachment 209157
A few local to me (Wiltshire, but still in the Cotswolds) are much photographed and used in filming. The picture postcard ones are Bradford on Avon, <"Castle Combe"> and Lacock, but <"Biddestone"> is much filmed in, along with Corsham (where I live), where they've just filmed a <"Jilly Cooper TV adaptation"> and previously filmed some of <"Poldark"> etc.

Pano.jpg

Cheers Darrel

Last edited:
Steep Hill in Lincoln, Lincolnshire, immediately sprang to mind. It has some very old and interesting architecture, not least Lincoln Cathedral, the entrance of which is at the top.

1691254274024.png

1691254251760.png

Back