• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Bristlenoses & Albino Corydoras?

Chez_

My 5'6" /250l tank is aproaching fish,-safe and I'm thinking about stocking it. I have a single juvenile Common Bristlenose who is very unhappy in my 90l cube, so I was thinking I'd move him in there and maybe get him a lady-friend.

I've also got seven Albino Corys in another 90l tank who seem to like swimming lengths, and I'm wondering whether they'd be happier in the bigger one.

But... does a 250l rectangle tank have enough floor space for the two species to co-exist happily? Or is there likely to be a turf war?

Thank you!

My 5'6" /250l tank is aproaching fish,-safe and I'm thinking about stocking it. I have a single juvenile Common Bristlenose who is very unhappy in my 90l cube, so I was thinking I'd move him in there and maybe get him a lady-friend.

I've also got seven Albino Corys in another 90l tank who seem to like swimming lengths, and I'm wondering whether they'd be happier in the bigger one.

But... does a 250l rectangle tank have enough floor space for the two species to co-exist happily? Or is there likely to be a turf war?

Thank you!
They’ll be fine, the only issue you may have is two bristlenoses will turn into hundreds. They’re the guppies of the pleco world.

They’ll be fine, the only issue you may have is two bristlenoses will turn into hundreds. They’re the guppies of the pleco world.
Thank you! That is in fact why I was gifted Mr Grumpy in the first place 🙂.

I had a bristlenose and corys in my 70L but the bristlenose had to go after about six months because it was rather too aggressive towards the corys at feeding time.

I didn't have a bristlenose cave - maybe that would have helped in terms of behaviour and harmony! Half of me would like another bristlenose.

Back