• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Brand new kit losing gas.

William Moore

Seedling
Hi. I've recently bought a full co2 setup from co2 supermarket. . I wasn't impressed on arrival as the central control knob looked damaged and the box was all beaten up. I complained and was assured it was brand new.. I thought right lets try it. Things went well just on sodastream bottles for the first week.. then a massive loss of pressure within 2 days I was away I came home to 0 on incoming pressure. I've painted foam test all over and can't find anything. . Tried a second bottle.. 5 days later exact same but more gradual fall. Where the hell is this leak?? Really fed up.
I'm also now told replacements aren't stock and they are contacting suppliers for a replacement. I can send the unit back or a part to be sent to me of which fitting I am clueless.
20170505_110515.jpg
20170520_135636.jpg
20170505_110515.jpg
20170520_135636.jpg
20170606_014947.jpg

It looks like it's been damaged in transit with delivery and I would think that's caused your issues it wants replacing as a full set or it's reasonable to request refund. Sometimes these things happen with deliveries from any retailer and it would have been sent in perfect condition

It looks like it's been damaged in transit with delivery and I would think that's caused your issues it wants replacing as a full set or it's reasonable to request refund. Sometimes these things happen with deliveries from any retailer and it would have been sent in perfect condition

Sorry I'm not being clear. The delivery box was fine. My disappointment was that the regulator box inside the delivery box was battered.. so it's impossible it was the carrier..

It's disappointing to hear just refund. Was hoping to try and fix this mess but thanks.
20170505_110459.jpg

I've been offered a full replacement which I'm happy to try again with. I simply want to crack on with life lol.

Return it and keep waiting OR emerse it to trace the bubbles and find the leak, then slather the thing in epoxy. Mail delivery sucks, I avoid it like the plague. If i don't tip my delivery driver religiously it seems like he'll trash my packages on purpose. They must hate their lives sitting in traffic n dealing with obnoxious yuppies all day. If you want something done right...

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Also, in general I've found that by doing a little research I can avoid paying into the grossly exploitative aquarium industry and get better products from other more mainstream industries. There's probably an industrial gas supplier near you. Buying commercial grade parts from them would probably be your best bet. Regulators, check valves, etc - they're all standard parts! No need to pay thru the nose for cheaply made crap from some aquarist site. Also home brew sites have alot of parts for our tanks that are cheaper and more durable (especially if you wanna go bio. Then all you need to buy is sugar not gas)

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

Back