• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

blyxa japonica & easy carbo

hinch

Does blyxa not play well with easy carbo? I just got a load off Alastair on here. I've split it across 3 tanks, 2 are just community tanks pure low-tech no ferts, no carbon, no co2 nothing just lots of pleco's and one tank which is kinda low tech using EI and easy carbo.

I was a little concerned at first because Alastair thought it may need injected co2 to grow well but in the 2 unattended tanks its growing fine no melt no nothing even after being picked on by the baby bn's. in the ferted and easy carbo tank though its all melting away like nobodies business all I can assume is its easy carbo related as EI is too well used with the stuff.

Any suggestions?

aye i'm confused by it thought it was an outside shot but :(

can't be lack of ferts because its doing fine in the other 2 tanks purely struggling in the dosed tank

I have Blyxa Japonica in 3 of my aquariums. I use Easy carbo in all of them. No problem with the Blyxa, it is perfect. I would suggest trying to use more ferts and CO2. look into the Iron levels. Light is much of an issue for this plant.

no injected co2 in any of the tanks.

I did think lighting at first but this isn't the low light tank or the high light tank its the middle light tank its doing fine in the other 2. I've tried doubling up the ei dosing but too soon to tell if its working or not

Hi I've got some in my tank and it's actually doing better since I started adding easy carbo hope this helps

It is an interesting question.

I have run out of co2 on my main tank (120l) and for the past week I have been using easycarbo. I dose 5ml a day. The blixa is turning a light green, like lettuce. No melting just the green has became washed out.

Also some riccia I had on wood has melted.

How much light have you got in these tanks? I have some Blyxa in an Easycarbo tank and it is growing, but it does like reasonable light.

I've got 24w on a 35 l tank (effective water volume 24 litre though) it all died and melted away horribly :(

yeah i've given up on the blyxa now but my hairgrass seems to have finally taken root and is starting to grow now so i'm happy and my crypts are going a little crazy going to have to split them down again / start trimming so its all good

Back