• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Blacklisted from tapatalk

I don't understand why you lot just don't use the normal route of browsing. I still don't really understand taptalk though lol.

Ha, I hated TPT when I first started using it Iain.

But now it's become so easy to use compared to browsing on Safari on iPhone.

Wouldn't recommend purchasing it though, you'll probably be blacklisted within the hour.

Ian Holdich said:
I don't understand why you lot just don't use the normal route of browsing. I still don't really understand taptalk though lol.

its faster and easier to navigate

ghostsword said:
Issue is not with tapatalk, I use it fine with 4 other forums.

Ukaps is hard to post to due to those issues, so now I just read.

I used to post a lot, but too many issues now.. :(

Me too, frustrating when you want to reply.. and forget your blacklisted and have wasted your time typing lol

I suppose its user preference, but I only ever use tapatalk when I want to post an image from my iPhone. I find using the site and posting easier from within rather than tapatalk....maybe it's just familiarity with the site. I havnt been blacklisted on tapatalk yet, maybe down to usage?

Few changes were made this morning to see if I could be a little more lenient on the tapatalk users, I might have to revert this changes if spammers do start infesting the forum, so be aware of that ;)

I have a similar problem when trying to reply or post on TapTalk from my BlackBerry.
Mike

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I just replied from my Blackberry, which makes me think it is not a device problem...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

ghostsword said:
And no.. Iphones do not have malware.. Where we use tapatalk.
The issue is the implementation and false positives..
iphones that are not jailbroken don't have malware, iphones that have been then its another matter, most people don't change the default password when they jailbreak them and then they get hacked and are used to distribute spam, then sometimes whole ranges for an ISP get blacklisted and not just a single IP, hence when a lot of users go down in one go.

LondonDragon said:
ghostsword said:
And no.. Iphones do not have malware.. Where we use tapatalk.
The issue is the implementation and false positives..
iphones that are not jailbroken don't have malware, iphones that have been then its another matter, most people don't change the default password when they jailbreak them and then they get hacked and are used to distribute spam, then sometimes whole ranges for an ISP get blacklisted and not just a single IP, hence when a lot of users go down in one go.

Ok.. just that as my iphone was not jailbroken and the thing was still blocking me. :)

Thanks for having fixed it, makes a big difference.

On another note with spammers, if you got a captcha phrase to register, all the spam you get has to be from manual registrations, right?

ghostsword said:
On another note with spammers, if you got a captcha phrase to register, all the spam you get has to be from manual registrations, right?
Depends on the captcha, some bots can now bypass most of the common ones, the one I installed for UKAPS can only be done by human users hence the reason I reduced the protections to cope with tapatalk. I had to deleted 3 members today already, and another 4 yesterday, so you see they do get past sometimes depending on which method is being used by the bots, but the majority on UKAPS now are indeed human. Now just need to work a plan to get rid of PHPBB! lol

Back