• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best way to preserve pruning until you plant

I've seen shops keeping plants for sale in much worse conditions and for weeks!!!:lol:

Aint that the truth!!!!!!

Cheers
Martin

Finally planted, I got good results with all the techniques used:

- Tropica 1-2-3 Growth Staurogyne on the window sill (north face, no direct sun, around 8ºC min and 15ºC max). Perfectly preserved for 7 days
- 6 bunches of Rotala hanging from my tank as shown on pictures (normal dosing of ferts and liquid C as the tank had). Perfectly preserved for 15 days, they lost most of the red color (anyway healthy green new leaves were produced during that time)
- 8 Anubias, 6 stems of Limnophila aromatica, 8 plants of Cryptocoryne and 5 Java ferns floating on water in my terrace (north face, no direct sun, around 8ºC min and 15ºC max). Perfectly preserved for 5 days
- 15 Riccia stones (prepared stones with a net) submerged in 10 cm of water in my terrace (north face, no direct sun, around 8ºC min and 15ºC max). Perfectly preserved for 8 days

All this and plants purchased yesterday are now in the tank I planted yesterday afternoon and you won't notice the difference between the "preserved" ones and the ones coming from the shop. Anyway all the above mentioned plants are quite hard.
I still have some remaining ones I will keep for some days just in case I need to re-plant, and I think I won't have any problema to keep them for a week more.

Back