• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Way to modify a glass lid?

LancsRick

Due to the fact that I'm using external filters on my Fluval Ebi, the supplied glass lid doesn't fit. What's the best way to modify it? I need to recess two of the corners by about 1 inch.

My fallback option would be to buy a sheet of acrylic and make my own lid by hand, but that seems a bit much like admitting defeat!

Buy the acrylic mate, i did. But make sure its decent thick gear or it'll sag.

Dont try modifying the glass lid, or if you do, be sure to film it from the start. It'll be a good 'what not to do' instructional video. It'll smash into about 935,461 pieces, as its toughened.

:)

Take it down the local glazier mate , had two holes cut in my ebi lid for lily pipes ,only cost a fiver !!

If you take the lid to a glazier they MAY be able to cut diagonals off for you :)

Cheers, just rung my local place and they'll do it for a few quid (Would have cost me £7 for the acrylic anyways). Going to drop it in on Saturday so they can do it. Thank guys.

Back