• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best reg?

I third the choice for lunapet.
Variable working pressure.
I have one after recommendation from Alastair and I love it.
The guy at Lunapet is a fantastic bloke to deal with too.
I recently sold my spare and wish I had kept it as a backup now but it only takes 36 hours to get one over form Germany.
http://www.lunapet.de/co2_zubehoer-c-9_14.html

Dont forget to buy the solenoid too

I grabbed a dual stage reg online for £35 so just need the needle valve and solenoid. But it will be very reliable. No risk of EOTD. I'd recommend going DIY for the best ;) take a look at a boc8500 co2 regulator. Looks pretty and with some swagelok fittings and a Burkett solenoid, you'd have the best reg you would ever need. Searching the web is the best way to get a good regulator. Once you know what to look for and how the measure the fittings anything is possible. You could buy an UP regulator for disposables and add a solenoid. Instant nano co2 for under £30.

Thanks for the ideas guys, I already own 5 regs, one Dupla model is over 25 years old & still working!
I have a more modern Dupla model too, that has been in service for about 7 years.
I like quality gear so £120 sounds reasonable to me - any more ideas....?

A reg as good as the 8500 series deserves a decent low pressure needle valve but I have'nt found anything yet! :? :lol:

Has anyone used the aqua essentials dual gauge reg? It has the solenoid and needle valve all built in for £89.99. It's the one I am looking at getting as I don't know much about setting up a reg them adding solenoid and needle valve

Juwel rio 180
2 angels
2 Siamese flying foxes
3 yo yo loaches
4 Julii corys
10 guppys
1 German blue ram

Back