• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Best Diffuser?

The fluval disk one seems to be going great just now - far smaller bubble size than the chinese glass one. Makes the old one seem like an airstone in comparison! Producing a nice fine mist.
Question though, how do you guys clean the fluval ones? And how often?

I have 2 Bazooka's. I use one while the other is cleaned.I also have a glass/ceramic which I no longer use as I find the Bazooka's perfect for my needs. Very fine misty bubbles that seem to diffuse very well.
Yes there is some evidence of bubbles (mist) in the water but I don't mind that and my plants are great while algae is kept at bay.

Cheers Cherry and Ian,

I took a look at the Easy Aqua Super Mist Atomiser & Easy Aqua Double Check Valve. If the whole system will become more pressurised am I still going to be able to use my Mini Up bubble counter or is the CO2 tubing go to blow of it lol?

If they only last a month then I would rather avoid the Atomiser, so how is yours holding up Cherry?

Also Ian is there any Bazooka you could specifically recommend? brand? I'm not sure if any sponsors sell any? Hope you can let me know.

Just to also add I'm running my CO2 a little less at 1BPS, do these Atomisers and Bazooka's require a faster bubble rate also? or will the pressure just build? ...

Also I'm confused as if someone can't adjust there psi/bar like Claire for example, would the pressure not just build up in the tubing until there was another pressure for a diffuser etc to then start working, that's why I've never really worried but yet again my regulator is set quite high.

Apologies for the delay in replying - hmm - I have moved my diffuser away from under my filter as it was causing issues there - the atomiser I was using suddenly started producing larger bubbles (think there is a fault) so I swopped it for an identical one which is great - put iy near my wave maker and its great - interesting to see how long it lasts!!!

Apologies for the delay in replying - hmm - I have moved my diffuser away from under my filter as it was causing issues there - the atomiser I was using suddenly started producing larger bubbles (think there is a fault) so I swopped it for an identical one which is great - put iy near my wave maker and its great - interesting to see how long it lasts!!!
Are you using a bazooka type one?

Yeah, I got my fluval for £7.90 on fleabay. Works great so far too. Apparently you can buy replacement ceramic disks for them too that you can swop over from cleaning, but not really sure how well the unit will go back together afterwards? Dunno if anyone has tried opening them up?

I use this one on my bigger tank straight into my external pressure filter, I get no misting from it at all, or if I do it is not noticeable, I tried it on the outlet first but it made my tank look like it had a thousand disprin dissolving :)
a4yju9az.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're good. I use one of them in my other tank. My main concern with something like that was that as I can't adjust the working pressure of my regulator on this tank, there wouldn't be enough pressure to get it to properly work, hence I went for the fluval diffuser.

They're good. I use one of them in my other tank. My main concern with something like that was that as I can't adjust the working pressure of my regulator on this tank, there wouldn't be enough pressure to get it to properly work, hence I went for the fluval diffuser.
3e3aby3y.jpg

I use this in my 20ltr at 1 bubble every 2 seconds that's on my fluval 88g :)

And that is lime green on my drop checker :)

I'm guessing this isn't as efficient as an inline atomizer? I currently use the UP inline.

I'm guessing this isn't as efficient as an inline atomizer? I currently use the UP inline.
Depends what you like really. If you find the UP inline is working then don't change, but sometimes I find with inline that it is hard to get enough surface agitation without wasting a lot of gas. It is also a bit easier with an in-tank diffuser to see when the mist is not as fine and it needs cleaning, and easier to clean as you don't need to pull all your filter pipework apart. But really it's all personal preference.[DOUBLEPOST=1395357650][/DOUBLEPOST]
3e3aby3y.jpg

I use this in my 20ltr at 1 bubble every 2 seconds that's on my fluval 88g :)

And that is lime green on my drop checker :)

This is interesting too as some people find these inefficient :p I guess it's just all getting it right and some people prefer certain styles to others.

Depends what you like really. If you find the UP inline is working then don't change, but sometimes I find with inline that it is hard to get enough surface agitation without wasting a lot of gas. It is also a bit easier with an in-tank diffuser to see when the mist is not as fine and it needs cleaning, and easier to clean as you don't need to pull all your filter pipework apart. But really it's all personal preference.[DOUBLEPOST=1395357650][/DOUBLEPOST]
This is interesting too as some people find these inefficient :p I guess it's just all getting it right and some people prefer certain styles to others.
Well I removed this from my main tank as it wasn't doing as it should but in the small tank shown in its spot on and everything seems to be growing well with no algae ...
My other nano tank has the fluval defuser and I still get algae issues, I just dose flurish exel to battle that ..
My main tank has the inline and that does well too just a few algae issues on the plants close to the lighting but it's a juwel tank so cannot lift my lighting ... :)

Hi - I have just bought an li line diffuser - it has come with no instructions ... I can work out how to fit it on - but am interested how you check the rate as obviously you cant count the bubbles (can you?)
I have tried all the other types , and find that if I put it under my filter that fills it full of gas ,and eventually they all start producing big bubbles - also the bazooka completely blocked,blew the pipe off and I lost a canister full of gas :mad: howevernot looking forward to having to take pipework apart every time it need cleaning - any other ideas???
I have two bazookas and they both de-generated - the other one's seam split!!!

cant count the bubbles
You can add a bubble counter between the regulator and the diffuser. Put a non-return valve between the two.

blew the pipe of
What regulator are you using? I wouldn’t have thought the pressure should build up. I was under the impression a regulator regulates the working pressure to whatever you set it regardless of blockages further down the line. If your CO2 hose fittings aren’t very secure at the moment, you’re going to find it very difficult to use them with the high working pressures needed for most in-line diffusers. (2-3bar?).

Back