• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Below and beyond - 120 x 32 x 22 (84 l)

Update :)
I've gotten all equipment except for led lights in place and I'm trying to decide on which plants to use. To the right I'm thinking of doing a mixed carpet containing H. callitrichoides Cuba and Hydrocotyle verticillata. Closer to the rocks I'll start to mix in different kinds of Eleocharis. I'm also thinking of adding some Hygrophila pinnatifida and Bucephalandra between the stones. Maybe some moss to.

Do you see any faults in my plan? I'm still debating what to do with the right side, would love your thoughts here...
http://imageshack.com/a/img911/723/a8NkqL.jpg

Hi Ulla

I would try to have better separations of both substrates, especially on the right part of the tank. Otherwise shrimps and critters will spread the black substrate all over the sand. Making a better barrier with stones would help.

Jordi

Thanks all! I'm trying to decide what level of light is suitable. I have a Maxspect Razor 300 w which is dimmable. Now I got it at 32% about 40 cm over the surface. Do you think it looks too bright?
4c88684a85ef606a98872fda8976a3da.jpg
9ca1f83e5d43180a7c0b9879016014c6.jpg
8f1217b0891b6a2441db6430f583f02a.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thanks @RynoParsons for your advice! I'll bring it upp to 40 % or so then.
And thanks @EnderUK :) I'm debating which fish to choose. I think the current is too mild for fish which likes fast flowing streams but on the other hand I'm afraid there will be too much of a current for small rasboras (which would be my first choice). Any experience on how rasboras (like naevus) manages in current that isn't a storm, but makes the plants wave quite a bit close to the lily pipes?

I had naevus in my nano, and they seemed to like the current, which made the plants like cryptos to wave moderately. They even swam repeatedly to the stream close to the filter outlet. And yes, it looked like a rasbora in a rollercoaster.

LOL CATZ SAYZ: DAMN I CANT SWIMZ

Back