• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Be honest

Wolfie

1st try, is it to much?

Attachments

• 3A75BEE4-C479-4DBE-A6CE-1F564667EF1C.jpeg
    3A75BEE4-C479-4DBE-A6CE-1F564667EF1C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 204
Its not to my personal taste as it seems too much and the placement of hardscape doesn't seem (to my eye) pleasing. The key question is do you like it, could you see ways to improve it? If not then plant it up.

I would play with alternative approaches, perhaps think about using the three largest pieces upright as 'mountains ' covered with epyphites. A good starting place would be to copy or riff on one of the scapes you like online or in the journal section.

Sorry, you asked for honest opinions!

Its not to my personal taste as it seems too much and the placement of hardscape doesn't seem (to my eye) pleasing. The key question is do you like it, could you see ways to improve it? If not then plant it up.

I would play with alternative approaches, perhaps think about using the three largest pieces upright as 'mountains ' covered with epyphites. A good starting place would be to copy or riff on one of the scapes you like online or in the journal section.

Sorry, you asked for honest opinions!
no Honest is what I asked for, will take it on board, like I said 1st try.
just moving bits around now and see if something else takes my eye

Hard to see - would be better with a photo zoomed out a bit and lit well without the reflection.

However, I think it could like quite good if you brought the whole hardscape forward a bit and built up the back higher with substrate.

Have a look at some of Aquarium Gardens video's on Youtube, really good. We spent ages moving things about but got there in the end :)

What are your goals in term of plants or style of scape?

I don’t see much room for stems behind the stone (which is fine if that’s your preference)

The wood isn’t doing much in the present layout

Dennerle Scapers tank 55l is similar dimensions to the ADA 45P so look at online scapes for both for inspiration

The Dennerle Scapers tank is also used in some competitions, eg TAOTPA nano category

This video shows classic use of foreground, midground, background
(sorry don’t recall where the updates are)

Back