• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aurel's laboratory

a.aurel

After I watched with interest your journals I thought it was time to open a topic with my newly setup

Aquarium 100x40x45cm
Lighting 1 x Aqua Medic Ocean Light HQI 150 W (6500K, 8hrs)
Filtration Eheim professionel 3, 2071
Heating Jager internal
CO2 4Kg CO2 bottle with dennerle cyclo turbo without pH controller
Substrate 12 Kg JBL Manado and 2,5 Kg AquaBasis
Fertilisers daily PPs-pro and Micro DIY
Maintenance 2 x 30% water change per week, general pruning and cleaning
Fish and Shrimp 10 rasbora arlechin and lots of RCS
Plants Blyxa japonica, Rotala macrandra 'Green', Microsorum pteropus ‘needle’, Rotala macrandra, Egeria densa, Cabomba caroliniana, Hemianthus callitrichoides, Didiplis diandra, Lindernia rotundifolia 'Variegated', Lemna minor, Ludwigia brevipes

The setup has exactly one week, the filter has worked with the old setup so I started with bacteria from the old setup. I keep the ligth on for 4 hours per day to 50cm of water surface, today I increased the duration of illumination to 6 hours per day and I've started to put 5 ml of PPS-Pro and 5 ml of TraceMix. PH <6, KH = 4. All plants are ok, except Rotala macrandra who has lost some of its the redness.

dsc00134lt.jpg

As I understand it the red in red plants is only displayed in high intensity light. It may be that because of the initial short duration they have lost their colour, and it will come back worst u increase it. Tho it could be that the strength of your lights are strong enough for them to have their red colour, it doesn't mean they're not health, just not red.

Tho I could be totally wrong. :thumbup:

Back