• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attempted level aquarium stand

IJLFishy

Hi I'm hoping to pick the brains of some of members with more of a engineering mindset than mine.

I bought a Juwel Rio 240 stand only with a load rating of 600kg to display my Fluval Flex 57 and APS 90l 60 x 40 x 40. It's a very old building and the floor is not level.

PXL_20230907_131351440.jpg

The Rio sits on 8 plastic feet and I've tried to use Packers from Screwfix (idea taken from another thread) to level the stand. The problem is floor is higher on the right side (as you look at it) than the left and higher at the rear than the front.

PXL_20230907_131358559.jpg

However having placed the flex on the cabinet I clearly haven't done a great job 😬. It was very difficult to try and level both ways and I settled on it being level front to back but not quite level right to left. There are no Packers under the rear feet.

You can see the waterline

PXL_20230907_131406383.jpg

And level tool

PXL_20230907_131511169.jpg

Oddly the tank on the left is level right to left (albeit empty).

PXL_20230907_131529403.jpg

Front to back looks like this

90l tank

PXL_20230907_131553053.jpg

Middle

PXL_20230907_131609783.jpg

Flex

PXL_20230907_131624736.jpg

Should I be worried? Ideally I'd like it level but it's really difficult to do and I can handle the visual aspect of it. I'm not keen on the stand being deformed but in this place the floors are awful.

I'm hoping once the 90l tank is scaped and full it will level with more of a uniform slight tilt left to right (right to left if you like 😁) if that makes sense.

Any advice is welcome!

As above, does the cabinet not have adjustable feet?
Usually they have a an adjustable screw inside the cabinet for each foot.

Failing that, you want to use wooden or plastic shims I’m not sure what “packers” are.

Hi thanks both. No unfortunately the feet are not adjustable.

These are packets. Similar to shims I think. Broadfix Glazing Packers Medium 225 Pcs - Screwfix

I'm gonna fill the second tank and see how it looks. I'm just keen to avoid taking the majority of water out of the flex tank to move it again but may be the only way. I'll have a look at adjustable feet too.

Thanks again!

If your getting different indications each side of the unit it would suggest its not sitting flat across the feet and is therefore bowing in the middle. Its difficult to gauge from the pics other than with the spirit level, but from that pic alone I would suggest you continue to work to get it closer.

I used the following on my DIY stand if its of any help: adjustable feet on amazon

I have a smaller tank om a large side board and similar story was not level either way so I got level the best I could and looks good enough but impossible to get perfect as only 4 solid feet so had to use packers same as you and when level front to back the left to right was way off.

My 90cm aquarium was never perfect either as floor was so uneven.

I think aslong as somewhere near should be OK. Sometimes have no option.

Dean

I have a smaller tank om a large side board and similar story was not level either way so I got level the best I could and looks good enough but impossible to get perfect as only 4 solid feet so had to use packers same as you and when level front to back the left to right was way off.

My 90cm aquarium was never perfect either as floor was so uneven.

I think aslong as somewhere near should be OK. Sometimes have no option.

Dean

Mod APK apktome is a reputable and convenient website for mobile game and application lovers. On Apktome, you can easily find and download free game applications, providing you with the opportunity to experience attractive games and unique applications without having to pay any fees.
Hi Dean, sometimes close enough is the best we can do with uneven surfaces. As long as it's stable and looks good, it should work out fine.

You should take the wrapper off of the level, use the level on the unit not the tanks and also use the level as a straight edge to see if the unit/ floor had a bow that is causing issues. You should use the level in three ways: on the top of the unit left to right (along the front, the middle and the back), front to back (along the left edge, the middle and the right edge) and corner to corner (both diagonals). By checking for level in all of these ways (including flatness of the unit top, as this may skew your readings), you should be able to find the high spot and adjust everywhere to meet that point.

Back