• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Astronomy 🔭

HDR Picture of the solar eclipse 2017
p4dbd4j.png

If you google it, there is a series of it at different settings.

Hi.
Just joined and saw this thread.
I've always been into stargazing and got my first proper scope about 5 years ago. Then it ballooned into a bit of an obsession (don't hobbies always?).
Have an 8" dob and a couple of Vixen refractors (A105M and SD81s). Have just dipped my toe into AP with one of those new smart telescopes, the Seestar S50.

My son just dropped a telescope off ,for me to look after(new baby and no room), think l will try set it up at some point,,looks a bit complicated at the moment

Back in the day I did a project using the 8" refractor on the top of the physics building at the University of Toronto. Beautiful instrument. Unfortunately the light pollution in downtown Toronto made for terrible viewing. I took a picture of I think it was the M61 galaxy and it came out as a fuzzy featureless ball. The photo was done using glass photographic plates.

Back in the day I did a project using the 8" refractor on the top of the physics building at the University of Toronto. Beautiful instrument. Unfortunately the light pollution in downtown Toronto made for terrible viewing. I took a picture of I think it was the M61 galaxy and it came out as a fuzzy featureless ball. The photo was done using glass photographic plates.
The technology where a computer analyses the arrangement of stars in a photo to determine where the scope is pointing, is called plate-solving.

Back