• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Are all Lily pipes equal?

I am trying to decide what glassware to buy for the next project.

As ever, price varies massively for glass inflow and lily pipes.

We have ADA from £70-100 per pipe.
CalAqua around the £50 mark per pipe.
gush @ £30-£40 per pipe
and then no name generic stuff at around £15-20 per pipe.

I appreciate that to an extent, quality will vary with price. But where is the price point where quality really becomes evident? I want well made, strong glass that isn't going to crack if I even look at it in the wrong way!

I've pretty much discounted the cheap stuff, I guess what I'm asking is if the gush/CalAqua stuff is any good or if I need to stump up for the ADA stuff?

I've pretty much discounted the cheap stuff, I guess what I'm asking is if the gush/CalAqua stuff is any good or if I need to stump up for the ADA stuff?
I don't think you need to stump up for ADA stuff. Both gush and CalAqua are amazing value, both functionally and aesthetically. I have the latter.
18953855300_cc46ec575a_z.jpg

Although Aquarium HK are supposed to be OK...for cheap stuff.

Thanks. It was CalAqua that I had been looking at. Aquasabi have them for €50 each.

What's the glass like? By that I mean, more glass sculpture or more Pyrex jug?

I'd say both, glass sculpture with the robustness of a Pyrex jug. The thing that strikes me the most about them is the internal diameter - because they use lab quality glass it 's arguably much larger than cheaper lily pipes, which means flow isn't compromised.

Back