• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

arcadia classica stretch led 120cm.

Anthony89

Hi. I recieved my new light yesterday, but im a little concerned its not very bright. Before this led I had 2x54w t5. Which looked alot brighter.
Has anyone got first hand experience with these leds on a high tech tank? Also pictures to compare. Many thanks ant

20140304_180255.jpg

Can't help you much mate I'm afraid, but I'm watching this with interest as I have a 120cm and am currently looking at these or the tmc aquabar. Hopefully someone with a bit of knowledge will be along shortly. Although Simon Jones uses them on his hi tech and they do the job on his matehttp://Arcadia Stretch LED | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Thanks. I think I may have to get another soon. Going to monitor plant growth etc and then decide. Doesnt seem very bright at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Based on my observations Id say 1 is not quite as bright as 1 t5. I did a review (cant link from my phone but it is in the lighting section) and it has pics of it vs t5

Don't trust your eyes in asserting brightness!
According to my camera
Stretch 1/8sec @f7.1 iso 800
1x T5 1/13sec @f7.1 iso 800
So not just dimmer to the eye.

Back