• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Arachnascape opinions

johnjo

Hi

Completely new to both scaping and planted tanks so this isn't so much an attempt at a stunning natural scape more a bit of playful planting and hardscape positioning to get to know a little about whats involved in the hobby. I pinched a stone from my garden and picked up a nice cheap piece of Sumatra and came up with the below. Not sure what to do at left hand front of tank thinking maybe some sand and create a bank for the wood roots to hang down? I think the wood kind of looks like a spider ready to pounce at the stone! Its only a 35l tank so quite limited scope wise. Picture is off my phone so not great.

What do you reckon, complete crap? keep wood get rid of stone?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/hardscape.jpg/

Cheers,

I have kind of scrapped that idea now, when I put the filter and heater in it was way too crammed. I'm half way through setting up my tank so will put a couple of pictures up soon. Don't wait in for the photos to be posted though it's not going to look anything spectacular!! Lol

Thanks for your opinion though, once I learn more about aquatic plants and how to grow them successfully I'm gonna try a couple of 'alternative' scapes rather than go down the nature route I think. At the moment it's a nightmare just trying to get Vallis to stay in the soil never mind grow it!!

Lots of people just use a lead-tape weight wrapped around the vallis to keep it down until it roots. No shame it that.

Back