• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AquaSoil, Cycling, Nitrite & Test Kits

Superman

I'm not one to believe too much into test kits as I've never used one in my 180ltr since moving down into Cheltenham.

I've been using a test kit to check the cycling on my new nano and at the end of last week it had 'cycled' as I had constant readings of Ammonia and Nitrite at 0ppm and been 'cycled' with new ADA Aqua Soil Amazonia.

So (as you might of seen in my journal) I got some CRS and since putting them in the tank I'm getting different results for Nitrite, which given I've got CRS I'm rather concerned about. Ammonia has always read 0ppm for days.

I'm having to do large water changes twice daily to reduce the nitrite.

The puzzling thing is that over the same lengh of time at different times of the day the increase is different. Would it be that the aquasoil is still leeching ammonia at different rates which the filter is trying to combat?

I just want to make sure I'm doing the best for my shrimp in the long run and learn for the future.

EDIT: Plus I want to make sure everything is 100% in order before getting the next batch of 4 CRS.

Back