• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquascapes 2003 to present

Re: Six years of 'scaping

sanj said:
I remember when you were first posting on The Planted Tank George. I think it was The Planted Tank anyway. :lol: Six years already Omg!
I was a busy boy on all the planted forums back then. So much to learn! There still is, of course, but I prefer to commit more time to UKAPS than elsewhere these days.

I pop on to Aquascaping World now and again. I've been chatting with Norbert Sabat recently. Now there's a talented aquascaper...

Hi George,all superb aquascapes in my opinion,but if i had to choose one it has to be blyxa hills mainly because it is somelike i have in mind for my new 60cm,what i like about it is the way it comes through from the the right like you are walking down from the hills onto the lowlands,i can just see my wife and i walking out of those hill onto the fields,regards john. :D

George,
Some amazing aquascapes on display!!

One question though, when you have used a white background behind the tank. How do you do it so that it gets darker as it gets further down the tank?
Also it the white back fastened directly to the back of the tank or is it set back slightly?

Great stuff George :)
The java fern in '80cm - Mother Microsorium' - can you give me some more info please?
Is it just one huge plant, or many? What have you attached it to? Cheers!

Beautiful.
Your scapes are so clean, noticed you use quite a lot of filtration, but that certainly pays off.
Never miss a water change?

edlut said:
Beautiful.
Your scapes are so clean, noticed you use quite a lot of filtration, but that certainly pays off.
Never miss a water change?
Thanks!

Overfiltration and good circulation are a must for me.

I try not to miss any water changes either.

gratts said:
Great stuff George :)
The java fern in '80cm - Mother Microsorium' - can you give me some more info please?
Is it just one huge plant, or many? What have you attached it to? Cheers!
Thanks!

The large Java fern is one specimen that is about 2 years old I think. There's some bogwood underneath it all.

Thanks again.

Blimey... i remember most of them! Looking great as usual.

It shows me just how little i have come in a long space of time compared to most people on here!

The lack of algae simply amazes me and i really dont know why I cant acheive even close results!

Great work, no matter how jealous i am :)

Hi

Breathing taking! Wow :eek:

I am returning to planted scapes and these tanks have really inspired me.

Could you tell me what plant you used in Blyxa Hills (righ side) and English Summer (rear back wall) its a 'grass' looking clump forming plant, so stunning! I want! I want!

Thanks

Charlotte

Sandfire said:
Hi

Breathing taking! Wow :eek:

I am returning to planted scapes and these tanks have really inspired me.

Could you tell me what plant you used in Blyxa Hills (righ side) and English Summer (rear back wall) its a 'grass' looking clump forming plant, so stunning! I want! I want!

Thanks

Charlotte
Thanks.

It's Blyxa japonica. A real weed!

ceg4048 said:
All spectacular George. To tell the truth I like the first one if nothing else but for the variation of texture and color. I'm finding the SE Asian Matrix is overwhelmingly green I'm afraid (no less spectacular though). :p

Cheers mate!

For once Clive, we are in complete agreement on something. ;) Too many folks seem to be thinking that to aquascape all that you are allowed to use is green, yet if you look at any other work of art, the best are usually filled with different colours.

So for me, Dutch Flavour and English Summer have to be the best amongst those you have posted George. :)

Ade

you see , that is what i am talking about , not a single bad tank/lay out , i even like the "sumatran chocolate" for its simple but still very convincing (english?) ambiance , George , you are the man ;)

i like the way your style evolve and wait with a lot of impatience your next creations ;)

Nico

(i found fish and chips yesterday in Osaka i was thinking about you guys :D ....i had it with a Guinness... :lol: )

Back