• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquarium CO2 Reactor Diffuser with pump

id_darren

How to diffuse Co2 ?

The inline diffuser is not an option for me because I do not have an external filter.

The ceramic diffusers and the bazooka are popular but I do not like a the look of too much bubbles floating around. I think that the ceramic media gets clogged very easily too.

Another product is this aquarium reactor diffuser from co2 art. I think I can connect it to a pump with minimal effort but I am not that DIY guy and have a couple of questions .

External or internal pumps ?

externals are expensive and make at least some noise. I can use some rubber mounting to dampen the sound , but is that enough ? Companies like to claim of super silent pumps , which I do not trust.

Internals are cheap but generate unwanted heat in the tank , and another bulky unwanted equipment in the tank.
I think that I will need some reducers too , because the water pumps outlets are bigger.

The tank is 150 litres , what kind of flow do you think I need ?

I know the item is internal but that does not mean that you cannot connect it to external pump. At least that`s what I think.

What pump would you choose , if it was for your set up ?

This link below quotes 400-1200l/hr pump rate.
http://www.hinterfeld.com/aquarium-...40l-tank-up402-m-p-489.html?cPath=108_115_131

So something like the JBL ProFlow 750 (Ebay £20) will do. However you will need to fiddle with pipe sizes/reducers and/or hot water to stretch pipes. JBL 750 is 16/22 in & 12/16 out and above diffuser requires non standard 18mm inside diameter pipe (or hot water and 16mm pipe).

If you run it external as below from u750 user manual, you will need to sort intakes as well as suitable distribution of outlet water in the tank.
pumpn.jpg

that helped a lot , thank you. The more connections and reducers the bigger the risk of failure , sounds to much complicated to me. I think I will go for the bazookas and accept the fact to watch the fizzy bubbles.

These units are meant to be run internally but I did run one externally for years without any problems!
Not saying I would recommend doing so but it worked a treat for me.
I had to glue the unit together with epoxy & it was above my sump so any leaks would of been caught in the sump.

P103015528129.jpg

I think I found what I need in this video from Co2 supermarket. Not the prettiest of set ups but I think it will do the job.

That is bad news for me , I am back to square one.
Thank you for your time.

Sent from my RM-914_eu_euro1_327 using Tapatalk

Back