• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

AquaOne 300 Oakstyle/Fluval Shaker 252

walkerx

Hi all,

Not sure if in the correct subforum, but I'm looking at purchasing a new setup within the next week.

Currently I have a 30 year old approx 160L tank, with old cupboard and looking very dated. I've been looking at a couple of setups and would like some info if anyone can provide, both tanks come with filters and lighting.

I already have a fluval 407 and fluval aquasky (3-4ft) lighting, so was hoping to repurpose the 407 on the new tank as I'll be getting rid of my old tank. Even though the AquaOne looks quite smart I'm not sure if the fluval piping will fit in the small corner sections due to the euro bracing, and it also means having the pipes running up the back of the tank. I'm also put off by the fact the top surround has to be stuck to the tank and you can't then remove it (even if you put it on wrong)

I'm gearing towards the fluval, but should i be concerned about how the pipes are connected, and there is no euro bracing. I'm hoping to that my 407 should easily fit and same with my lights

Can anyone offer any info on their experience for these tanks

thanks

Back