• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquamedic AM1000

Thanks Victor, it was the noise really with the supplied media balls. Read many threads suggesting no media but I need something as there is bypass without. I am worried about the media blocking the out pipe so suggestions as to how many bath scrunchies are welcome.....im guessing finding a balance of too compact (reducing flow) and too loose (threat of blockage) will be slightly trial and error.....will get a few and try. Maybe cut up cubes of filter foam may work also. I won't mind cleaning it if it is quiet and effective :D

so I've added a scrunchy....not even a whole one. I cut the string which holds it together, unravelled it and it was like a long sock. I cut about 1/3 off and tucked it into itself forming a sausage shape. I tied the end off and then stuck it into the reactor. I thought that it may get forced to the bottom of the reactor due to water flow, so to try and alleviate the possibility of it clogging or blocking the out pipe i added a filter guard to the inner bottom fitment before refitting which keeps the scrunchy away from the out pipe :D
Very minimal bypass now and just about silent too......just need to dial in an injection rate through trial and error.

P1150395_zpsa7qk7x2n.jpg

Here you can see the filter guard i added to the inner fitment:
P1150397_zps8ljtgzbx.jpg

Cheerio,
Ady.

Back